Sunday 5 August 2012

Week 2: Writing task

 Like in most Australian homes, my family is very familiar with the idea of new technology. I have always been surrounded by technology growing up and so my relationship with modern technology is quite strong. Some of my memories of childhood include me and my sisters playing computer games on our home computer. As a teenager now communicating with my family alot of the the time is technology based. Especially with my sisters, parents and grandparents (my grandparents are so technologically savvy it is scary!) when travelling the main communication is through text. However when it comes to finding friends online I will admit to talking to the odd character on omegle or chatroulette, but thats as far as I will go.

When it comes to computer/app technologies such as google and facebook I do not believe that privacy is an issue.  As we live in a democratic society it is believed that we have a choice with what we do with our time and how we chose to share such knowledge is up to us. When creating a facebook account there is a disclaimer letting you know what you are consenting to, therefore without consenting to creating a facebook account or using google, such companies can not pry into our lives unless we let them. These devices such as google or facebook are here to enchance our livelihoods, and not to exploit them.

No comments:

Post a Comment